There is little doubt 5G will play a major role in shaping how we interact with and use connected technologies in the future. In addition to transforming functionality, 5G also represents a transformation of how traditional Cellular networks interact with other communication technologies. With these shifts in networking on the horizon, and much uncertainty about what exactly this will mean for the communications industry, Semtech will separate fact from fiction in regard to 5G networks and introduce the audience to the advantages of LoRa® devices and the LoRaWAN® protocol to create stronger hybrid networking solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT).
LoRaWAN-based solutions are the optimal choice for serving those applications that 5G cannot, and as a result, make it ideally suited to bring additional strength to 5G networking. Join Semtech, MultiTech and Orange for a new in-depth webinar on how 5G will change the industry and the role LoRaWAN-based solutions will play in this industry shift.
5G Fact vs. Fiction, and How LoRaWAN® Plays a Role
April 20, 2020
11:00 AM ET (5:00 PM CET)
In this webinar, Semtech, MultiTech and Orange will address key questions including:
- What are the advantages of LoRa devices and the LoRaWAN protocol for IoT applications?
- What exactly do industry experts mean when referring to 5G networking?
- How do LoRa devices and LoRaWAN networks fill the gaps left by 5G, specifically in key vertical markets?
- What makes LoRaWAN ideal for massive IoT use cases, and what are its advantages over other networking protocols?
- How are today’s leading operators deploying LoRaWAN?
- What are some examples of use cases for LoRa devices and LoRaWAN protocol to complement 5G networks?
- Daniel Quant, Vice President of Strategic Development, MultiTech
- Ronan Le Bras, Head of Technical Strategy for Wireless Networks and IoT, Orange
- Remi Lorrain, Director of LoRaWAN Networks, Semtech
- Robin Duke-Woolley, CEO, Beecham Research